Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Online Friends...

If you would have told me 4 years ago that some of my best friends would be people I have never met I would have called you crazy! Surprisingly that is just the case! I signed up on a message board when K2 was six months old. I was a member of December 2005 babies. Wow! Awesome ladies! The board shut down and moved to a new place. Our Dec 05 mommies made the move and then I got involved outside of the my little niche. Oh wow! Awesome ladies again!

Some people look at me funny when I say, "my friend in MI" or "my friend in FL..." or "my friend in ME" etc etc. Well, the funny look doesn't come until they ask how I know this person and I reply "from the internet". Yes, it sounds funny, but I have received so much advice and support over these years. I have talked to many of the ladies on the phone and spent several hours on FB chat with them. I actually met one who lives in Springfield, MO! I love her! She is awesome and so are her kids.

I am very excited to meet a few more when we go to Disney this summer! I feel like I know them and their children. I feel like they are a part of my family because we have shared so much with each other.

When we are having problems with K1's mom I can spill it all get support. I don't get ordered what to do. JUST SUPPORT! No one constantly harasses me about it afterward either. When K3 fell off my bed at 6 months old I didn't get judged. You know what I got? A wealth of other stories saying what had happened to their babies before. Yeah, support!

I have laughed with these women. I have prayed with and for these women. I have been prayed for by these women. I have cried with these women and cried for, happy and sad tears. When I was in the hospital and scared to death with pancreatitis who do you think called/texted me the most? Not my real life friend, my internet friends, which I consider real life friends.

They don't think I am crazy for delaying K3's vaccines (something I would have NEVER done before I "met" them). They don't go around our small down and tell everyone my business, they are supportive, and they are AWESOME!

So yes I admit it, I have friends that I have never met! I consider them some of my best friends...get over it! Quit acting like I am a weirdo! Quit looking at me like I have a third eye. :P

*I used the word awesome a lot! lol You can tell I am a teacher and really there is no other word to describe them!

No comments:

Post a Comment