Sunday, March 20, 2011

Working/sweating my butt off!

For the past month I have been counting calories and burning calories! Whew! I have about got my daily cals under control which makes me very happy! I CANNOT believe the amount of calories I was eating before I started this. It is really sickening. The cravings are few and far between now, which makes me even happier!

I have been logging all my food in a diary on www.myfitnesspal.com. I love it! I can see what I am eating and it really keeps me accountable. I have friends on there and I have my diary open so they can see what I am eating also, another accountablity. There is so since in lieing, because I would just be hurting myself.

I have also been exercising at least 30 minutes almost everyday. A lot of the time I do more. I really feel so much better and if I skip a day I feel guilty and just blah. I mainly do Leslie Sansone walking videos. I just got the pilates one and WOW, my best sweat yet! I am also able to log my exercise/cals burned on MFP. It tells me how many cals I need to eat etc. I LOVE IT! So far I have lost 18 pounds. I have done it the RIGHT way and I feel that these lbs will stay off. I am excited to lose A LOT more! I am not ready to share my starting weight, but eventually I will, it isn't pretty ;).

Another thing that is really helping me is THE HUBS! He is also dieting so I am kind of accountable to him also. And he to me. He ordered a bag of onion rings at Sonic the other night thinking I would split them with him. When I didn't he just threw them all out the window and said, "thank you, you don't know how helpful it is to have you do this with me. It makes it easier." <3 <3 <3 Isn't that what spouse are for? To support and keep each other going? I think so! :)

Anyway, I have just decided that fat is not an option anymore. It isn't healthy and I don't feel good about myself! The more I lose the better I feel. Shirts are now clinging to my muffin top anymore and my jeans fit comfortable right out of the dryer. This is soooo worth it! I can't wait to start changing sizes, maybe I won't feel sooooo hideous in my swimsuit this summer!? EXCITING!

And my change is also a good example for my kids. They know that you should exercise everyday. I love to just go out and kick a ball around with them or go on a nature walk. I feel like doing it! And their eating habits are slowly changing too. I do still buy them some of their favs like Cap'n crunch berries, but that is about it. No more cookies, no more sugary drinks, etc etc. I don't need the temptation and they aren't good for the kids anyway.

So, I challenge you to get up and get moving. Buy healthy foods and not junk! You WILL feel better, I promise! We are examples for our children and I do not want my children being heavy like I have been my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment